Getting online in Russia.
The Internet and Russian Market.
The Internet has become one of the most significant communication tools for businesses and individuals all over the world. The increased accessibility of markets and speed of communication facilitated by the Internet is a double-edged sword. Companies need to be increasingly flexible and responsible to changing consumer needs, trends and preferences.
Why Should I go Online in Russia?
The Internet is the quickest and cheapest way of reaching potential clients anywhere in the world. It will allow you to be connected with your customers, suppliers, partners and competitors to access an enormous amount of information.
The Internet provides new ways for you to deliver the information and services to customers and suppliers, with the benefits including:
• more effective marketing and the identification and development of new markets;
• improved customer service and relations;
• cost savings in communications, accounting, banking, financial
• management and purchasing; and
• efficiencies in linking ‘back office’ systems with external requirements etc
Getting Started Online in Russia
It is essential that you consider what the Internet can do for you and your business, as well as the possible consequences to your business development on russian market if you do not take advantage of the Internet and its services.
The following issues need to be taken into account:
• Your future communication needs
• Your business’ growth expectations
• How you will conduct business in the future and with whom
• How much value Internet connection will add to your competitiveness
• The level of customer service you wish to deliver
• Staff training and motivation to embrace the changes required
It is important to consider when you’re thinking about going online, the commitment of management and staff to dealing positively with the change. Success on the Internet requires rethinking how business is done, communicating with customers to staff training and motivation, and to how different sections of the organisation work together.